Friday, March 11, 2011

Unexpected Morning

As I worked on setting up my new blog until 1 a.m. and finally falling into bed exhausted, little did I know what would be unfolding in Japan over the next few hours.  When I thought my biggest "concern" this morning would be whether I could talk my husband into getting me a new iPad 2 today, thousands of other people were facing a devastating tsunami and the destruction of part of their country.  Now a little electronic toy seems meaningless and pointless. Priorities become much more focused. My sincere prayers will be with the people of Japan today and over the next few days, weeks and months.



It's in times like these that I'm thankful for the technology that is available to us.  We are able to watch live video feeds on TV, follow twitter hashtags, talk on cell phones to individuals who are in the midst of the unfolding tragedy, and read facebook updates from friends who have loved ones in Japan.  Whether you have a desktop computer, a laptop, an iPad or a smartphone of any kind you are able to follow the news moment by moment as it unfolds.  I encourage you to take advantage of this technology and be grateful for the opportunity to hold the world news in your hand.

I'll continue with the the true form and subject of my blog after today but I wanted to acknowledge the tragedy in Japan and encourage you to follow along with the news and to pray earnestly for them as they struggle through their loss, devastation and shock.

P.S. I still think that having a new iPad 2 would help me follow the news a little more closely ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment