Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week in Review in Pics

What an interesting week this has been, not only for me, but for all of America.  Who would have thought that after the "high" of the Royal Wedding last Friday that the ordeal with Osama Bin Laden would follow closely on its heels?  To be honest, I was a little surprised, yet relieved that they finally found him.  I, however, was not one that was whooping and hollering and celebrating.  I have multiple reasons as to why, some personal, some political, some spiritual.  No matter what our personal stances are on the matter it is yet again one of those moments in history that you will remember exactly where you were when you heard the news.  If you didn't read my earlier post about "To Tweet or Not to Tweet", you'll know how I found out about it.

As promised, here is my week in review in picture form :)

Saturday 4/30/2011
 The Mandevilla is beginning to bloom beautifully
We got a new little bird bath and bird feeder for the backyard. (Yes, we're getting "old") 

Mike & I went to the Denton Jazz & Arts Festival.  LOTS of people but a definite "must" for next year!

Sunday 5/1/2011

Getting ready to head out to church, only to see this beautiful sight!  I love clouds!!

Sunday evening I was reading my Twitter feed and came across the news that it was about to break about the US capturing/killing Osama Bin Laden.  I bought a couple of papers the next morning to keep with all of my other history-making newspapers.

Monday 5/2/2011



Tuesday 5/3/2011

As I was putting away the dishes from the dishwasher I grabbed this bowl to put away.  There's a little standing "joke" between Mike & myself about this bowl.  He thinks it's for him to take salads to work in and I think it's to hold the homemade salsa I make.  It doesn't mean anything to anyone but me, but it was something I wanted to remember, so I took the pic of "the bowl" :)

Our youngest daughter brought this home from school today.  Wait. What? She can order a class ring now?  But I just walked her into her kindergarten class yesterday, didn't I?!

Wednesday 5/4/2011

 Proverbs 10:19 - 'nuf said
This is my view most mornings.  Watching the birdfeeder & birdbath while using my laptop at the kitchen table.

Thursday 5/5/2011

Cinco de Mayo, Fuzzy's style

Friday, 5/6/2011

Again, this will have no significance to anyone but me, but in the midst of my afternoon "wanting to snack" mood, I had these 2 choices...and I chose the apple.  A monumental occasion for me so I wanted to document it in picture form :)

So there you have it. From history making world events to choosing an apple over candy, that is how my week rolled!  I hope you all had a great week!  Try to capture yours in pictures, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment