Friday, April 1, 2011

Rangers Opening Day 2011



Opening day for the Texas Rangers baseball team in Arlington is today.  There's an excitement in the air around the metroplex.  I'm excited about the start of the baseball season.  I've always liked baseball and really enjoy going to the Rangers games, however when you live in TX during baseball season, it's scorchingly hot to go to the games so we don't go too often.  But last year when the Rangers were going through all of the playoff series games leading up to the World Series, I began watching all of the games on TV. I got to know the batting lineup and who the closing pitchers were.  It was the Claw & Antler year. Although the Rangers didn't win the World Series, it was exciting nonetheless because part of the World Series games were played in Arlington.  We were very proud of our Texas Rangers.  The excitement and anticipation has carried over from the fall to this season and we've got our fingers crossed that they will go all the way again.



I'm turning into a sports-watching girl these days. Football and baseball are my sports of choice, but when push comes to shove and I need something to watch, I'll give in and watch some basketball and Nascar racing.  With 161 more Rangers game to watch I'm pretty set on what sports I'll be watching for a while :) I hear there's an iPhone MLB app but since I don't have an Apple device as of yet, I'll just have to tell you that if you have an iPhone and you like baseball, give it a try and let me know how it is.

It's time, Rangers.  Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment